It is possible to revert to Windows 10 if you are not a Windows 11 fan, but it is just up to 60 days after upgrading. You can downgrade Windows 11 from the settings of the Microsoft system. In the case that you want to downgrade after the trial period has ended, you should reset Windows 11 by reinstalling Windows 10. Some of the people, who are not a Windows 11 fan, need to know how to revert back to Windows 10 from Windows 11. In this article, we presented fully how to do so.
What Should You Do Before Downgrading Windows 11?
In the case that you decide to return to Windows 10, you shouldn’t do something much. Although it is easy to downgrade because of the recovery feature, it is not affecting your system files, so you must not leave anything to the chance. Just what you should do is perform a Windows 11 backup and save the most important data to the external drive. Having a backup is much more important than doing the procedure of downgrading.
Make sure to find Windows 11 key in both cases. Through this way, you have the product key to use. You may need the product key during downgrading or during the new installation.
How to Rollback to Windows 10 from Windows 11?
Follow the steps below to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10:
- Go to Start on Windows 11.
- Search for Settings and open it.
- Select System.
- On the right side, click on the Recovery.
- Select Go Back under the Recovery Options section.
- Choose the reason for uninstalling Windows 11.
- Hit Next.
- Select No, Thanks.
- Hit Next.
- Hit Next again.
- Click on Go Back to Windows 10.
- Now, Windows 11 will be removed, reverting the system to Windows 10, keeping your files and most of the settings and applications.
How to Uninstall Windows 11?
Downgrading Windows 11 to Windows 10 is an easy task, but as we mentioned above, this option may not available for you if the trial period has expired or Windows.old folder is deleted, or you may have fresh installed Windows 11. In this case, you should do the following tasks.
How to Expand the Trial Period for Windows 11 Downgrade?
You can return to Windows 10 from Windows 11 during the first 10 days after installing Windows 11. In the case that you have administrator privileged, it is possible to extent this period to 60 days. thus, extending deadline can be a very good option whenever you are not sure to uninstall Windows or not. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Magnify glass icon in the taskbar to call up the Search Function.
- Type cmd.
- When you see the Command Prompt, select Run as Administrator.
- Execute the following command:
DISM /Online /Set-OSUninstallWindow /Value:60
How to Access Recovery Menu?
From the Recovery Menu in Settings, you can initiate downgrade to Windows 10. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Search for the Recovery Menu.
Note: You can also use Windows + I to access to the Recovery Menu.
- Click on the System.
- Select Recovery.
How to Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows?
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Select Go Back in the Recovery Options.
- Choose a reason for downgrading.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to return to Windows 10 from Windows 11.
How to Uninstall Windows 11 and Have a New Installation of Windows 10?
If you can downgrade using the methods about, so your work had finished, but if you see the message that This Option is No Longer Available on This PC, you can uninstall Windows 11 though performing a Complete Reinstallation of Windows 10. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Official Microsoft Download Page for Windows 10.
- Select Download Tool Now.
- Save the file on your system.
- Double-click on the MediaCreationTool to launch it.
- Accept the licensing conditions.
- Choose the option of Create Installation Media.
- Hit Next.
- Choose the desired system language and Windows 10 edition as well as the appropriate architecture.
- Hit Next again.
- You can transfer the installation files for Windows 10 to a USB stick, or create an ISO file for an installation DVD.
If you do not like to have Windows 11 in your system, you can revert it into the Windows 10. But it is possible through two ways. Sometimes, it is possible to revert to Windows 10 very easy but in the first 10 days, but sometimes you should revert to Windows 10 by doing more tasks because the period trials has expired. The first thing you need to do here is to extend the deadline and then revert back to Windows 10. In this article, we presented both ways to revery back to Windows 10. Have you ever tried to revert back to Windows 10 from Windows 11? How did you do that? Share your ideas with us.