Connect to a PC with Remote Desktop App on Windows 11: Step-by-Step Guide
Activating Remote Desktop Windows 11 is a suitable tool for people who want to use the Windows 11 desktop environment in another place and remotely.
You can use this functional feature to connect and access your computer.
Activation and use of Remote Desktop Windows 11 are done through a remote access tool, and through it, you can do things like download and install programs or copy files to your computer remotely.
We recommend that you use the Remote Desktop feature only on your home network with network-level authentication, which acts as a secure login layer at the network level.
Therefore, you must authenticate using your user password in the Windows operating system to be able to access the remote computer.
In this article, we want to explain how to use the Remote Desktop app to connect to a PC on Windows 11.
Enable the Remote Desktop Feature
To be able to use the remote desktop feature in Windows 11, you must first activate it.
There are several ways to activate this feature, but the easiest one is to work through Windows settings.
To enable the remote desktop feature, you can use the following steps:
1.Go to the Start.
2. Click on Settings.
3.Press the System.
4. Select the Remote Desktop.
5. Turn on Remote Desktop.
6. Checkmark the box associated with Require devices to use Network Level Authentication Connect.
7. Select the Confirm button to proceed.
8. In the same window, you should see a name in front of PC name.
Note: pay attention to this item because it is used in the remote desktop startup process.
9. To change this name, you need to go back to the System Settings.
10. Select the Rename link.
11. Type a new name for your PC in the following dialog.
12. Press the Next option.
13. At this point, it may ask you to restart your system.
In this part, the remote desktop setup starts, and you can use it.
If the remote desktop feature was grayed out in the Windows settings, you can activate it through the control panel.
You can use the following steps:
1.Type Control Panel in Windows search.
2. Select Open.
3. From the list of options available, choose System and Security.
4. In the following window, select Allow remote access under System.
5. Head over to the Remote tab.
6. Check mark the box for Allow remote connections to this computer.
7. Select the Apply option.
8. OK to save the changes.
Use the Remote Desktop App
Now the remote desktop feature is activated in your system, and you can set it up and use it.
Follow the steps given below to connect to a remote desktop in Windows 11.
Use Remote Desktop Connection in Windows
Follow the steps below to enable Remote Desktop:
1. In Windows search, type Remote Desktop Connection.
2. Select the Open option.
3. You can open Run by hitting Win + R together.
4. Type mstsc.exe in Run.
5. Click on the Open option.
6. In this section, Remote Desktop Connection is started.
7. Enter the name of the computer you need to connect to.
8. Once the dialog is started, you can click the Connect option and set up the connection.
9. You can adjust the changes based on your needs, for this, go to the General tab.
10. Enter your personal password and username of the computer you want to connect to.
11.Press the Connect button.
Now your connection is done successfully.
12. To exit the remote desktop, select the Close icon in the top-right corner of the window.
13. Select OK to confirm the departure.
In this article, we have explained how you can work with the remote desktop feature. By doing the above steps, you can easily communicate remotely.
What other ways do you know to use Remote Desktop in Windows 11?
Share your thoughts and experiences with us.