Complete Guide: How to Reactivate Windows 8 After a Hardware Change
If you’re the type of person who installs Windows 8 from scratch yourself, you’ll need to activate it as well. If Microsoft discovers that your key has been stolen or is being used on multiple computers, you may have to reactivate Windows.
Because this system is designed to ensure that Windows is legally licensed and not used on many PCs.
In this article, we want to explain how to reactivate Windows 8 after changing the hardware.
The importance of activating Windows 8
As mentioned, if you don’t take action to activate Windows, you should always be involved with its activation messages and warnings while working.
Indeed, every time you turn on your laptop or computer, you will encounter a lot of Windows activation errors and be afraid of its complete deactivation.
If your device’s Windows is not active, you will not be able to access any of the personalization features.
And you will not be able to download and install different applications from the Microsoft Store.
How to Activate Windows
You can activate your Windows 8 through personal settings.
To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Hit Windows Key + C or swipe in from the right to open the charms bar.
2. Click on the Settings button.
3. Click the Change PC settings.
4. If Windows 8 is not activated, the Activate Windows option will be displayed here.
Note: To find out if your Windows is active, you can go to the information section of your PC to see if Windows 8 is active or not.
Using the Activate button, you can automatically activate your Windows installation with Microsoft over the Internet.
Note: If there is an error that prevents Windows from activating, you can find more information about it in this section. Also, if you need more detailed information, search for your error message on the web.
If you are unable to activate your Windows online, you can contact Microsoft and activate Windows 8 over the phone.
They want you to give them information and also explain your situation. For example, if you’ve upgraded your hardware and Windows no longer activates, they’ll ask you to explain everything you’ve done, then give you a code that you can use. into your computer to reactivate Windows 8.
5. To access the activate by phone, you can press Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
6. Type Slui 4 into the Run dialog.
7. Hit the Enter.
8. Select your country, and Microsoft will provide you with a local phone number and an installation ID. Call the phone number and provide your installation ID.
This process is mostly automatic, but you can talk to a Microsoft customer service representative if needed.
How to Change Your Product Key
Sometimes you may need to change your installed Windows product key.
To do this, you can do the following steps:
1. To enter the new product key for Windows, you can use the Change product key button on the personal information page. Then after that, you can activate Windows generally.
2. If it is not possible for you to choose the command path, you can press Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
3. Type Slui 3 into the Run dialog, and Hit Enter.
4. Enter the new product key, then you can activate Windows normally.
In this article, you learned about issues such as activating Windows 8 after installing the hardware and the importance of starting it. You can effortlessly activate your Windows 8 by following the above-mentioned steps.
Have you used these steps to activate Windows 8?
What other ways do you know to activate Windows 8?
Share your thoughts and experiences with us.