How to Use Instagram on PC? is a popular question by users. Instagram is a mobile application that connects you to the virtual world. It is available in Google Play or Apple Store to download. But what if you do not have access to your phone and you need your Instagram page? We are going to tell you how to view, send a post, and manage your Instagram account by PC. Therefore, you can check stories, read and respond to messages, like and comment and also see your Explore.
Many brands and businesses prefer to use Instagram on PC alongside the analytics tools, or they may need to edit photos by Photoshop before posting them on their account. Thus, it will be good news to access Instagram by PC or Mac.
How to Access and Use the Instagram Website or PC App
- Enter https://www.instagram.com in your web browser and click on it. Thus, You can see the official website of Instagram.
- If you prefer to use the application form, download and install the Instagram application from Microsoft Store freely. You can use it the same as Instagram.com. Follow the steps below to help you how to download it:
- Select the Start Menu and choose Microsoft Store.
- Select the Search text box.
- Type Instagram in the box.
- In the results, choose Instagram.
- Click on Get.
- After the app installation, click on Launch to go to Instagram, or you can choose Instagram in the start menu.
- Go to Instagram account and Click on Log In. You will sign in to your Instagram account and see your feed.
- If you use Facebook to enter Instagram, Log in via Facebook instead.
- Click on Sign up below if you do not have an Instagram account.
- You can surf through your feed by scrolling up and down. Also, you can search for users of Instagram or hashtags by typing in the search box at the top of the page.
- If you click on the House icon on the top right corner, you can go back to your feed.
- To like the posts, click on the heart below each post. The person who shared the post will get notification of your like.
- To add comments, click on the speech bubble under each post. (If the person who shared the post has disabled comments on the post, you cannot see this icon). Click on Add a comment… in the box to type your comment. After typing your comment, press the Enter to share your comment.
- If you click on the paper airplane icon, you can share the post to your friends. Based on the privacy setting that the person who posted the post, you can share with other people on or off Instagram.
- Choose Share to Direct for sharing the post with other users.
- If you click Copy Link to copy the link of the post to a clipboard and paste it anywhere you like.
- Choose the social media icons for example Facebook, or Twitter using these methods to share posts.
- By clicking on the compass icon you can see the Explore. In this section, you can find popular and recommended posts of pages that you do not follow.
- You can see your notifications by clicking on the heart icon left of your profile photo to see recent likes, comments, and people who follow you.
- By clicking on the paper airplane icon on the top-right corner of the screen, you can send and manage your direct messages.
- Click on the sender’s name to read his/her message.
- To answer a message, type your answer in the bottom box, then press Enter.
- If you would like to send a photo in direct, in the typing section at the bottom of the message, choose an image from your computer, and select Open.
- If you would like to send a new message, select the pencil and paper at the top of Direct, choose a user, click on the Next, and create to your message.
- Besides sending messages, you can also make new groups and send stickers.
- You can view your stories at the top of your feed. By clicking on the circles of your friends’ photos to see their stories.
- To view your own posts, click on your profile photo at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on Edit Profile at the top of the page to edit your profile.
- By clicking on the gear icon at the top of the profile to set your setting. In this section, you can also find Log Out option.
Is There any Way to Post on Instagram from a PC?
There are some limitations for posting on Instagram via a PC. The desktop version allows you to post images and videos to your profile, but not Instagram Stories, IGTV posts, or Reels. Also, starting a Live Video is not possible via PC.
How to Post on Instagram by Desktop PC?
- Enter your desktop browser.
- Enter instagram.com.
- By your email, phone number, username, or Facebook account, log in your Instagram account.
- Click on the + button.
- In the opened window, click on Select from Computer.
- Select a photo file to upload.
- Optional: Crop the image, zoom in, or add more media if you like.
- Optional: Choose a filter and use more adjustments.
- Optional: Write a caption for your post.
- Optional: Choose a location or turn off commenting if you like.
- Click on Share.
- Done! Wait until your post will send on your profile.
It is possible to post from your desktop computer on a Mac or a PC the same way like mobile base on the platform such as Chrome, Safari you use. Below there are some ways to help you how to upload a post to Instagram by your desktop.
How to Upload Photos on Instagram by Chrome
- Click on your Google Chrome browser.
- Go to Instagram website and Log In.
- Select + bottom, next to the DM symbol.
- Choose Select from computer to upload your file.
- Use the tools to crop the image, zoom in, and add more media if you need.
- You can find the Zoom-in option next to the ratio button
- On the lower left-hand corner you can find Add more media.
- Select the plus sign to add more images to your post if you like.
- Select from filters or adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and other features.
- Click on Next on the top right to continue.
- Add a caption, location, hashtags and tag people if you like.
- Click on Share in the top right of your screen.
- Your post has now posted.
How to Upload Photos on Instagram by Safari
- Open your Safari browser.
- Go to Instagram website and Log In.
- Follow the same instructions about from 3 to 8.
How to Upload Videos on Instagram by a Desktop Computer
- Open your Instagram and log in by your preferred browser.
- Select + next to the DM sign.
- Choose Select from computer to upload your file.
- If you choose a video less than 10 minutes, your file size must not be bigger than 650 MB. But, if you have a video between 10 to 60 minutes, you should choose a file smaller than 3.6 GB.
- Change the size of the video, and add more media if you like.
- You will receive two items to adjusting your video which are changing the aspect ratio and adding more media.
- Zoon-in option is not available for videos
- Select a cover photo, trim the video, and change sound options.
- You can write a caption, tag other people, add alt text and change the option of comments if you like.
- Choose Share. Now you have posted your video.
How to Upload Photos and Videos on Instagram by BlueStacks
- Enter https://www.bluestacks.com. If you like to share posts and stories by your computer, you have to install Android simulator to install Instagram. BlueStacks is an easy and free option to use for this purpose. You can use it as long as a Gmail account.
- Select the green button of Download BlueStacks. If you do not see the option, scroll down. (If it does not download automatically, click on Download or Save option.
- To install the BlueStacks on your PC, double click on the BlueStacks EXE file, and then, follow the instruction below:
- You can find the BlueStacks in the Start Menu if it does not open automatically.
- BlueStacks’ start up takes a minute or more, especially if your computer is slower than normal.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to attive at the BlueStacks home screen.
- Sign in your Gmail account by inserting username and password.
- Select My Apps tab which is in the upper-left side of the BlueStacks window.
- Choose the Google Play Store Image which is titled as Androidgoogleplay.png. The icon of it is a white briefcase with a multicolored triangles, which you can find it on the home screen.
- In the Search bar at the top-right corner of the screen, type instagram and press ↵ to Enter. You can see a list of search results.
- Select Install which is a blue option at the bottom-right corner of the Instagram icon. Click on the Accept to start installation.
- Select Open after finishing installation. This is a green button at the same place of Install.
- Log in to your Instagram account by email address (or username, or phone number) and password. You will find your account in BlueStacks.
- Select + which is at the bottom-center of the screen to add a new post.
- Click on Other form the drop-down menu which is at the top-left corner of the window. By doing this, you can see the Android Open form menu.
- Select Pick from Windows in the left panel to open your Windows file picker. If the application ask you to allow accessing your files, choose OK or Allow.
- After choosing a photo or video, click on Open to upload your file. It might take time depending on the size of your file.
- Click on Next at the top-right corner.
- Edit your post and then, click on Next.
- After inputting the details of the post like caption, location, tags, and hashtags, click on Share at the top-right corner.
In this article, we presented different ways to use Instagram and post on it by PC. Probably you thought there is not any way to post on Instagram by PC, but the probable ways were explained in detail. Do you prefer to use Instagram by phone or PC? Based on the methods above, which method do you choose to post on Instagram?