5 Easy Ways to Update Wi-Fi Driver in Windows 10
Wi-Fi drivers are software that makes a connection between network adapters and the operating system. If you want to ensure that that Wi-Fi connection works properly, or when you want to solve problems related to the wireless network, you need to update the Wi-Fi driver. But the question is how to update Wi-Fi Driver in Windows 10?. Using a corrupted wireless driver makes system performance worsen. The latest version of the Wi-Fi driver leads to the health of wireless connectivity. Here, in this article, we are going to tell you some methods to update the Wi-Fi driver in Windows 10.
Download the Latest Wireless Adapter Driver in Windows 10
The first thing you need to do is to download the latest version of wireless network adapter driver. You can download the Wi-Fi driver update from the official website of the device manufacturer. To use it, follow the steps below:
- Enter the Command Prompt. To do so, hold Win + R to go the Run box.
- Type cmd.
- Hit Enter.
- Type the following command in the Command Prompt window: netsh wlan show drivers
- Hit Enter to see driver details such as name, date, version, provider, vendor, type, etc.
- Copy the name of the driver, and paste it in the Google Search.
- Hit Enter.
- Click on the link that you want to download Wi-Fi driver in the search results you have.
- Download the latest version of the wireless network adapter driver by clicking on the respective key.
- After finishing the download, extract the folder and run the installer file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- After completing the update process, restart your computer to apply changes.
Open Device Manager to Update Wi-Fi Driver in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to update the wireless adapter driver with Device Manager:
- Hold Windows + Q to enter the Search box.
- In the Search box, type Device Manager.
- Enter Device Manager.
- Scroll down to find the Network Adapter.
- To expand the list of network adapters, select Network Adapter.
- Look for wireless adapter.
- Right click on the Wi-Fi driver.
- Choose the Update Driver.
- You can allow Windows to update the software automatically and install it, or manually find a location for the driver and then install it.
6. Restart your system to make sure the wireless adapter driver software is updated.
Use Snappy Driver Installer Origin to Update Wi-Fi Driver in Windows 10
Follow the steps below to update driver in Windows 10 to use Snappy Driver Installer:
- Download the Snappy Driver Installer.
- Unzip the downloaded folder.
- Run SDIO.exe file.
- You can see a list of outdated drivers after finishing the scan of the software.
- Click on the Updates are available to open the Update Panel.
- Choose the Wi-Fi driver that you want to update.
- Select OK.
Note: You can also choose Network Only to update all the drivers.
- Based on the speed of your internet, it takes time to update.
Use Driver Easy to Update Wi-Fi Driver in Windows 10
- Download Driver Easy.
- Run the application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Go to the Driver Easy by entering the Start Menu.
- Select Scan to allow it find outdated drivers. It takes 2 or 3 minutes to complete the scan.
- After scanning, you will see a list of all the outdated drivers.
- Find the Wi-Fi driver you want to update in Windows.
- Hit the Update key next to the driver name.
- Now you should choose to create restore points automatically or manually.
Note: If you want to continue using the Free version, choose Manually creation, and if you want to use the PRO version only, choose Automatic restore option.
- Select Continue.
- Now, it downloads the driver, but it takes time based on the internet speed.
- After finishing the download, install a Wi-Fi driver with following the on-screen instruction.
Use Advanced Driver Updater to Update Wi-Fi Driver in Windows 10
Use Advanced Driver Updater to recognize outdated drivers automatically and update Wi-Fi drivers in Windows 10. Follow the steps below to update the Wi-Fi driver with Advanced Driver Updater:
- Download and install Advanced Driver Updater.
- For your Windows, run the best driver updater.
- Select Start Scan Now and wait until it finishes scanning.
- Now, you can see a list of outdated drivers.
- Find the Wi-Fi driver and select the Update Driver next to it.
Note: The users who registered can update all outdated drivers at the same time, while the users who use the trial version should update each driver exclusively.
- Restart your system to apply changes.
In some situations, you need to update the Wi-Fi driver to solve the problems you face. In this article, we presented some methods to update the Wi-Fi driver manually and automatically. Which method will you choose if you face a problem related to that? Have you ever decided to update the Wi-Fi driver? Do you know any other method to update the Wi-Fi driver? Share your ideas with us and comment below.