In Windows 10, Microsoft Defender protected your computer from viruses and malware threats, and it does the same in Windows 11 and protects your system from viruses and malware threats. So, we need to know how to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11? .
Considering that this is one of the best antivirus methods available in the market, you may still want to turn off Windows Defender in places where you don’t have access to the Internet, or even Windows Defender test targets.
Note that when you want to install an antivirus program on your computer, Windows Defender will automatically shut down at this time.
Here, according to the steps, you will understand how to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11?.
Turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11
To turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11, we must first enter the Windows Security program.
1. Go to Start Menu.
2. Write Windows Security.
3. Go to the Windows Security App.
4. In the Windows Security screen go to the Virus & Threat protection.
5. Select Manage Settings under Virus & Threat protection settings.
For most of the testing purposes that we do, turning off Real-time is enough. When you want to turn it off, you will see a message on the screen that you must select the yes option, which will turn off Windows Defender.
After some time, the Real-Time memory is automatically turned on, if you want to find out if the Microsoft Defender antivirus service
is running or not, you should open the task manager window, here it shows what state it is in.
When you turn on your computer, this process runs automatically.
How to turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11 to always
Deactivating Windows permanently can be one of the most challenging tasks. You may think the solutions you use in Windows 10 do not work in Windows 11. Here, all the methods available for Windows 10 have been tested, but whenever Windows Defender could run automatically.
Here are the steps to permanently disable Windows.
- Detective the services from the startup_The Settings will be reset two minutes after the restart.
- Eliminating the Wdboot driver_Settings are returned.
- Gpedit_After launching, the Settings Turn off Microsoft Defender Antivirus are again reset.
I offer two methods for this:
1. One of the ways to disable Windows Defender services is by Editing a few registry items.
2. Another method is to remove all permissions by taking over the Windows Defender executable file, in which case the system administrator cannot start Microsoft Defender services.
Process 1: Boot into Safe Mode
To take ownership of the MsMpEng.exe file, it must first be started in Safe Mode, without this, ownership cannot be accepted.
1. Push Windows key + R to open the run dialog.
2. Write msconfig and push enter.
3. Click on the boot tab.
4. Below Boot opties enable “Safe boot“.
5. Push Ok and restart your computer.
Process 2: Take possession of Defender
The second thing you have to do is to take possession of the Windows folder. In this case, we can say that we can prevent the creation of any updates.
1. Go to Explorer.
2. Scroll through to c:\programdata\Microsoft\Windows Defender\.
3. Go to properties of the folder Platform (right-click > select properties).
4. Click on the Security tab.
5. Select Advanced.
6. Alter the Owner.
7. Select Advanced > Find Now and click on Administrators.
8. Select Ok (twice) to take possession .
Here we can take possession of the Windows Defender application and we need to remove all the principal users from the list.
.1Click each Permission entry.
.3Do that for all users/entries in the list.
.4Make sure you select Replace owner on subcontainers and objects.
.5Click on Replace all child object permi…
6. Select Apply.
Process 4: Inactive Safe boot and reboot
By disabling the secure boot option, you will return to the original and default version of Windows 11.
You must open MSConfig, then delete the Safe Boot option.
1.Windows key + R.
2. Write msconfig <enter>.
3. Go to the tab Boot.
4. Unselect safe Boot.
5. Restart your computer.
Here, if you run the Windows Security program in Windows 11, you will see that the virus protection is completely gone.
how to Use RegEdit turn off Windows Defender in Windows 11
One of the ways you can replace using the registry is to disable Windows Defender 10 or 11. To do this, you need to boot into safe mode.
1.Push Windows key + R.
2.Write regedit <enter> to open the registry.
3. Scroll through to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Service.
4. To alter the following folders the key Start to 4.
Note: If you no longer need to disable Windows, you can easily revert the change to the previous state You need to reboot into safe mode then grant system and Trusted Installer access for full permissions to the Platform folder.
As you know, when you don’t have an antivirus, you have no defense against viruses and your system may be badly damaged.
Therefore, I do not recommend turning off Windows Defender and note that at this time the CPU is used a lot, which causes a lot of damage to your system, and you can try another virus to avoid using a lot of Windows Defender resources.