You may experience a situation in which you receive a message that says, “Your system is shutting down, and please save all your work.” Or you may click on the shutdown or restart button before saving your work by accident. In this condition, you may ask how to stop, cancel, or abort system shutdown in windows 11/10?.
We are suggesting a few methods to help you solve this problem in the continuation of this article.
4 methods to stop System Shutdown in Windows or System Shutdown
Method 1: Try with Run Command
- There are two ways in which you can use the Run command. You can open the Run dialog box through the Start menu, or you can press the Window key with the R key to be able to use the Run window.
- In the Run window, type this command “shutdown –a” and click on the Enter key.
As soon as you have done these steps, the system will ask you a question about canceling the Auto Shutdown.
Method 2: Try with Desktop Shortcut
- Find an empty place on your Desktop and Right Click on it. In the opened menu, click on New and then click on Shortcut.
- A window like a picture below will appear. There is a box for Type the location of the item: as an answer type, C:\Windows\System32\Shutdown.exe -a in the shown box and click Next.
- In the next step, a window will popup in which it asks you to put your desired name in the box and then select Finish.
- When you have done the following steps, a shortcut with your desired name will be shown on your Desktop. When you double-click on it, a window like the picture below will appear.
Method 3: Try with Command Prompt
- In the Start menu, search for Command Prompt and click on it to open it. (a window that looks like a picture below will popup)
- In Command Prompt window, type this command “shutdown -a” and then hit the Enter key.
As soon as you have done with the following setting, the system will ask you a question about canceling the Auto Shutdown. And a window, like a picture below, will pop up.
Method 4: Use Power Options
- First of all, you have to open the settings. You can do that by clicking on the gear icon in the Start menu or holding down the Window key with the I key.
- Choose the System section and click on it
- On the left side of your window, select Power & sleep
- On the shown window, select Additional power settings
- Then select Change plan settings, as you see in the picture below
- Choose Change advanced power settings
- A window pops up to you in which you need to double click Sleep and then Sleep after. Every time you click on any option in this menu, more items will be shown to you.
- Next, hit On Battery or Plugged in and choose the Never in the front box. (this only works with laptops) Repeat this for both On Battery and Plugged in options.
If you change the Sleep settings to Never, your PC will make sure not to go into sleep
- Double click on Hibernate after, and then you will see a short list of items that will popup
- Choose Plugged in or On Battery, and select Never in the front box. (this only works with laptops) Repeat this for the other option which is still left.
In this article, we indicated four methods in which you could stop, cancel or abort system shutdown in windows 11/10. Have you ever tried any of the methods mentioned above? Do you know any other useful methods?