How to Disable Automatic Updates on Windows 7: Step-by-Step Guide
If you are tired of the automatic update of your Windows from time to time and it takes a lot of time when you turn off the system, you can disable it. Therefore, we recommend that after installing Windows, immediately disable its automatic update so that it does not take much time.
Also, preventing Windows updates makes our Windows less efficient and slower than updated Windows. The execution of programs can be different based on the type of Windows update. By preventing Windows updates, you are effectively disabling new Windows features, thus not being able to use all Windows features in new versions.
In the process of preventing your Windows 7 update, it causes Windows to remain defenseless against all kinds of viruses and malicious programs like the original version.
Also, it should perform well when working because you have not received updated packages to fix its defects.
By preventing Windows updates, your Windows will become old and will have a broken structure and slow speed. Also, new programs may not run on this Windows.
In this article, we want to explain how to stop automatic updates on Windows 7.
There are two methods to do this.
Follow the steps below:
1.Go to the Start menu.
2. Type Windows update.
3. Click the matching result. It’s located at the top of the Start menu.
4. Go to the Windows Update settings. From the upper part of the left pane. Click on change settings.
5. Open the drop-down menu under the Important Updates tab.
Here are 4 solutions that you can manage your updates by choosing any of these 4 solutions.
- Install updates automatically: By choosing this option, the download and installation of updates will be done automatically. If you want to select this option, make sure that you have unlimited or high bandwidth. Because Windows updates consist of large files, downloading them will increase your data usage.
- Download updates but let me choose whether to install them: If you have unlimited or high bandwidth, but your hard disk space is limited, and you don’t have enough space, this option is suitable for you. Because in this case, Windows will download the updates and allow you to choose which of these updates you need to install and which you want to delete.
- Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them: In this option, you allow Windows to scan all available updates, then only the ones you select will be downloaded and installed.
- Never check for updates: In this option, you allow Windows to scan all available updates, then only the ones you select will be downloaded and installed.This option prevents Windows from any search, download, and installation by choosing this option, your updates will no longer be downloaded and installed.
Note: If you choose this option, there will be no disruption in your system performance.
6. Disable Windows Update. From the bottom of the dropdown menu. Click on Never check for updates.
7. Save your changes. Select the gray OK button at the bottom of the page.
The second method:
1. In the Run window, type services.msc.
2. Press the Enter key.
3. Look for the Windows Update option in the window that opens for you.
4. When you find it, right click on it and select Properties.
5. Click on the Stop button.
6. Select the Apply button to save the changes.
7. By doing these steps, your Windows 7 update section will be closed and disabled forever.
In this article, two ways to stop the automatic update in Windows 7 were said, and by doing one of these two methods, you can effortlessly stop the automatic update in Windows 7.
Have you used the methods mentioned in this article?
What other ways do you know to stop automatic updates in Windows 7?
Share your thoughts and experiences with us.