Although turning off a Windows computer is something that everyone knows, most people do not know that there are more than 1 way that you can turn off a PC. Therefore, most people want to know how to shut down Windows 11. In this article, we presented all the ways to do so.
How to Shut Down Windows 11 with the Start Menu?
This method is probably the first one that everyone goes for. To do so, follow the steps below:
1.Hit the Start Menu from the taskbar or hold Windows key.
2. Click on Power button in the bottom left corner.
3. Hit Shut Down from the available options.
How to Shut Down Windows 11 with the PC’s Power Button?
You can shut down your system through pressing the power button. You don’t need to hold it down, just a single press is enough. Before doing anything, make sure that you saved and closed all your files and programs; then, press the power button and shut down procedure will begin.
To shut down your Windows 11 from the Power Menu, do the steps below:
- Right-click on the Start Menu.
- Select Shut Down or Sign Out.
- Hit Shut down.
How to Shut Down Windows 11 from the Lock Screen?
To do so, follow the steps below:
- From the Lock Screen, select Power button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Hit Shut Down.
How to Shut Down Windows 11 with Keyboard Shortcut?
It is also possible to shut down your system with keyboard shortcut that we mention them below:
Use Alt + F4
Follow the steps below to do so:
- Close or minimize every active window on your Windows 11.
- Press Alt + F4 on your keyboard to Shut Down Windows window.
- From What Do You Want the Computer to Do drop-down, select Shut Down.
- Hit OK at the bottom of the window, or press Enter key on your keyboard to shut down your system.
Use Ctrl + Alt + Delete shortcut
Follow the steps below to shut down Windows 11:
- Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete on your PC’s keyboard.
- Select the Power icon on the bottom right corner of the black page that appears.
- Click on Shut Down from displayed options to shut down your system.
Use Power Button + Left Arrow + Enter
Another simple way to shut down your laptop is using Power Button + Left Arrow + Enter. The Windows will shut down immediately after pressing these keys together.
How to Shut Down Windows 11 with Command Prompt or PowerShell?
It is worth knowing that you can shut down your Windows 11 through Command Prompt. Now follow the steps below to shut down your Windows 11 with Command Prompt or PowerShell:
- Select Search on the taskbar.
- Type cmd in the search box.
- Choose the Command Prompt app from the results.
- After opening the Command Prompt, type the command below:
Note: You can also run the command line in Windows PowerShell too.
- Press Enter.
Note: You can run the Stop-Computer command if you open PowerShell instead of Command Prompt.
How to Shut Down Windows 11 with the Run Command?
To do so, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run window.
- Type the command on the open dropdown box in the Run window.
Note: Different types of commands are mentioned below to shut down your laptop:
- shutdown /s /f /t 0
- shutdown -t 0 -sg
- shutdown /s /t 0
- shutdown -h
- shutdown -s -t 0
- Hit OK to open the command prompt.
- Press Enter or OK to proceed with the Shutdown.
Shutting down Windows is not a tough task and almost everyone knows how to do it, but not everyone knows that there are different ways to turn off their system. In this article, we presented all the ways that you can turn off your Windows 11. How do you turn off your system? Were you aware of any methods above to shut down your Windows 11? Share your ideas with us.