How to Remove Malware and Viruses from Your Windows 8 PC
Malware virus threats are dangerous and can destroy your data and damage your computer.
Viruses penetrate your computer without you realizing it, and when you discover that your computer has become infected, one of its signs can be pointed out as a decrease in speed.
When your computer is infected with a virus, malicious activities are carried out that your computer cannot respond to.
Note: some malware viruses show themselves in the form of a program and claim that installing them will increase your computer’s performance.
We recommend that you do not pay awareness to such programs at all, their purpose is to trap users who do not know.
In this article we want to explain how to remove Malware or Viruses From in Windows 8 PC.
So stay with us until the end of the article.
What is malware?
Malware can do a combination of negative things, from stealing sensitive information to destroying entire systems or devices. Malware can crack weak passwords, infiltrate systems, and spread through networks to more victims.
Malware penetration in most cyberattacks through data theft leads to identity theft and massive data breaches.
Types of malware:
A worm is an independent piece of malicious software that reproduces itself and spreads from computer to computer.
A virus is a piece of computer code that inserts itself into the code of another independent program, then forces that program to perform malicious actions and spreads itself.
A Trojan is a program that cannot reproduce itself but pretends to be something the user wants and tricks her into activating it and spreading it.
A type of malware that encrypts files on your hard drive and demands money in exchange for a decryption key. Without a decryption key, it is mathematically impossible for victims to access their files.
It is the use of legitimate ads or ad networks that secretly deliver malware to the computers of unsuspecting users. For example, a cybercriminal can pay to place an ad on a legitimate website. When a user clicks on an ad, the code in the ad either redirects them to a malicious website or installs malware on their computer.
In some cases, malware embedded in an ad may run automatically without any user action, a method known as a drive-by download.
Malware forces your browser to redirect to web advertisements, which often seek to download more malicious software. As the New York Times notes, adware is often disguised as tempting free programs such as games or browser add-ons.
It refers to malware that is used to secretly collect data from a trusted user. This malware spies when you use your computer, and on the information, you send and receive, usually to send that information to a third party.
A keylogger is a unique type of spyware that records all the keystrokes a user makes, which is a great way to steal passwords.
You can safely remove malware viruses from your Windows 8 computer by using the instructions given below.
1.Enter Safe Mode with Networking
- Hit Windows key + C together and then click on the Settings option.
- Select the power button icon on the right panel and click on the Shift key on your keyboard.
- After that, select the Restart button.
- You will be prompted to choose an option, click on the Troubleshoot option when you are prompted and click on the Advanced Options.
- In the Advanced Options screen, select Startup Settings option and then select the Restart button when prompted.
- Finally, hit F5 on your keyboard to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
By activating safe mode, you don’t have to worry about malware anymore because it prevents the spread of malware and further damage to the computer.
2. Disconnect the Internet Connection to Your Computer
When you realize that your computer has a virus, make sure that you disconnect the Internet from your computer.
Since hackers can access your personal information and your information may be at risk of being attacked by hackers or even hackers may use your computer as an attack on another computer.
We recommend that your computer’s Internet connection be offline so that such dangers do not threaten you.
If you are using Wireless Network,
- Open the Network and Sharing Center via the Control Panel in Windows 8 and select Change adapter settings.
- After that, right-click on your Wireless Network Connection and click Disable.
3.Uninstall Suspicious Applications
If you see a suspicious program on your computer, this program may have infected your computer.
Below are the steps to get rid of such programs. Follow the steps and get rid of the malware virus.
Also, free antivirus software can help you identify suspicious programs and remove them.
- Click on the Control Panel on the Windows 8 Startup screen.
- Under Programs and Features, select Uninstall a program.
- Locate the suspicious application you wish to uninstall.
- Press that application name and select the Uninstall button that appears below it.
4. Terminate Malware-Related Processes Using Windows Task Manager
- Hit Alt + Ctrl + Del keys altogether on your keyboard to go to the Task manager.
- After that, select the Process tab to view the running and active processes.
- Locate the suspicious processes that are related to malware and select the End Task option to terminate them instantly.
You can also use good antivirus software such as the Comodo antivirus and run a full scan to detect and remove malware from your computer.
It is not easy to remove and find malware in an organization.
There might be multiple legacy endpoints/devices deployed at different locations. Due to that, conventional antivirus products are not a viable option.
A Relevant option for such cases is Comodo Advanced Endpoint (AEP), which provides safety all around devices and OS platforms.
Comodo AEP lets all appropriate files with unlimited access run on the device.
By doing the above methods, you can get rid of malware and stop worrying about your computer in windows 8 being infected.
What other methods do you know that can be used to remove malware and viruses on the computer?