In the situation that sound driver damages, many problems arise related to the sound system. Therefore, you need to find solutions to fix this problem. One of the ways that you can solve this problem is by reinstalling sound drivers. You need to know how to reinstall sound drivers in Windows 10?. The first thing you need to know is to find the trouble and decide whether to fix the problems automatically or manually. Here, we are going to present different techniques to reinstall sound drivers, but before that, make sure that you are using the latest version of the audio driver.
Why Drivers Are Necessary?
The performance of a computer depends on the frequency that it is got or upgraded. One of the parts which need to be updated from time to time is the driver.
Many computer users are familiar with the word driver, but they may not know the importance of its function. Each computer system has some drivers that every one of them checks and controls some parts of software and hardware. If you do not use the drivers properly, you may face some problems with software and hardware, or in some cases, they may not work at all. Based on what OS you use, it is important to reinstall drivers.
Use Device Manager to Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver
- In the task bar, right-click on the Start Menu.
- Choose Device Manager and open it.
- Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers tree in the Device Manager.
- Now, you can find the name of your audio driver. Probably you have Realtek High Definition Audio.
Note: Make sure to take notes of the name and the version of the audio driver before uninstalling them. After that, you can easily download the correct version of the audio driver.
- Click right on it and select Uninstall device.
- Choose the option of Delete the driver software for this device checkbox. You should make sure that you chose it because if you do not choose it, the audio driver will not be uninstalled.
- When you see the confirmation dialog, select Yes and Uninstall the device driver.
- Save your works and Restart you system.
- Now the sound driver is uninstalled.
- Now download the latest version of the driver. To install it enter Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update page and then select Check for updates button to let Windows 10 automatically download and install the latest sound driver.
Use Control Panel to Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver
- In the search part of the Start, type appwiz.cpl.
- To enter the Programs and Features window, hit Enter.
- Find the entry of audio driver and right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall.
- If you see the confirmation dialog, choose Yes to continue uninstalling the audio driver.
- After uninstalling the driver, Restart your computer.
- Now, download the latest version of audio drivers from official website. To do so, go to Windows 10 Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update page and then select Check for Updates to download and install audio driver automatically.
Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver Manually
- Hold Windows + R at the same time to enter the Run box.
- In the Run box, type devmgmt.msc.
- Select OK to enter the Device Manger.
- Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
- Right-click on the Sound Device.
- Select Uninstall Device.
Note: Realtek High Definition Audio is the sound device.
- Choose the Delete the driver software for this device on the Uninstall confirm dialog box.
- Select Uninstall.
- Restart your system.
Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver Automatically
You can reinstall a new audio driver with Driver Easy automatically, which recognizes your system and detect the right drivers for your system. This method is recommended because you don’t have to know to get the risk of downloading and installing on your own, and also, it is not necessary to know what system your computer is running. Moreover, you do not need to worry about making mistakes.
Note: You can use the Free or Pro Version of Driver Easy.
- Download Driver Easy and install it.
- Run Driver Easy.
- Select Scan Now to allow Driver Easy to scan your system and find your drivers’ problems.
- Next to a flagged audio driver, select the Down Arrow.
- Click on Uninstall Driver. (It needs the Pro Version.)
Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver with Incorrect Intel Audio Driver
- Hold Windows + X.
- Click on Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers in Device Manager.
- Look for Realtek Device and choose it.
- In the view menu, select Devices by Connection.
- Check the Patent Device.
- Right-click on Controller Device.
- Go to the Properties.
- In the opened window, under Driver tab, check the version of your driver.
- If you have the version of 18.104.22.16855, it is an incorrect driver. Select Uninstall and apply changes.
- Restart your system and check whether audio or sound problems are fixed.
Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver with Windows Update
The Windows has the latest drivers and software releases, and the users can install the latest updates using Windows Update Service. To use Windows Updates, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Setting in your Windows 10.
- Select Update and Security.
- From the left side of the menu, select Windows Update.
- Click on Check for Updates on the main screen.
- Windows will start to install the sound driver updates on your Windows system.
Reinstall Windows 10 Audio Driver with Manufacturer Website
Although this method is a trend because of its complexity and time-consuming. But, if you have enough skills to use it, you can try it. You can enter the manufacturer page and look for appropriate drivers. After finding the driver, you can download and install it on your PC.
Users need to know how to fix their problems with the sound driver. Because drivers are necessary parts of Windows. In this article, we presented ways to reinstall sound drivers to fix the problem. Do you know any other way to fix these problems? Share your ideas with us.