Step-by-Step Guide: How to Share a Printer in Windows 7, 8 or 10
In Windows 7 and 8 or 10, it is possible to share the printer with many computers in your network.Here are the steps on how to printer share in Windows 7, 8 or 10?.
To share the printer, you must first connect the main computer that is connected to the printer with a computer that is not connected to the printer. Here you need to set the sharing settings for the printer. Connect the main computer to the printer with a USB or wireless cable and then turn on the printer. Of course, make sure that the printer is connected to the computer and connected to the network.
1.Go to Control Panel.
2. Go to the Network and Sharing Center.
3. Click on the “Change advanced sharing settings” link.
4. Expand the profile you need to change.
( When you open this section, you will see three messages: public or guest, private and all networks. If you are on a home network, you should click the private option).
5. Enable “File and printer sharing”.
(If you turn on this section, other devices will connect to your printer and allow you to share files and folders on the network with other computers).
6. Toggle the password protection.
(Here you can choose whether you need to enable a password for the printer or not. If you enable it, only people who have an account on your computer are allowed to access it.)
7 .Share the printer.
(Now that printer and file sharing is turned on, in this case you need to share the printer properties. To do this, go to the control panel and open the Print and Devices window and right-click on the printer you want to share. and click on print and finally click on the sharing tab and check the box “Share this printer”).
1.Open the Control Panel-> Hardware and Sound page.
2. Select Advanced printer setup.
3. A window will appear to automatically search for printers, skip it and click on the next option.
4. Click on Add a Printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname, Select Next.
5 Select Ok.
6. In the Hostname or IP Address field enter the IP Address for the printer you are adding.
7. Select Next and if you are asked enter your administrator credentials.
8. If in this case you are asked to select the driver for your printer, to search for the drivers that have been downloaded, click on the Have Disk button and Select Next.
If you are asked to use the installed drive that we recommend in this section or use the bullet on the side, then click Next.
9. Notice that bullet is Clicked beside Do not share this printer.
10. Select Next.
11. Select to put a check mark beside of Set as the default printer (if you do wish to make it your default printer).
12. Select the Print a test page button (if you wish to do so).
13. Select Finish.
Your printer is now set up and ready to use.
There are two ways to share your printer in Windows 10: using Settings or Control Panel.
Share your printer using Settings:
1. Go to Setting.
2. Click on the Start button.
3. Click on Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
4. Choose the printer you want to share.
5. Click on Manage.
6. Click on Printer Properties.
7. Choose the Sharing tab.
8. If you want, edit the share name of the printer. You’ll use this name to connect to the printer from a secondary PC.
1. Go to Control Panel.
2. In the search box on the taskbar,write Control panel.
3. Click on Control Panel.
4. Under Hardware and Sound, click on View devices and printers.
5. Click on and hold (or right-click) the printer you want to share.
6. Click on printer properties.
7. Choose the Sharing tab.
8. On the Sharing tab, click on Share this printer.
9. If you want, edit the name you share with that printer, because we use this name to connect the printer to the non-primary or secondary computer.
In this article, how to share a printer for Windows 7, 8 and 10 was told, if you follow the mentioned steps, you can easily share your printer.
Did you know how to share a printer correctly?