How to Network Two Computers in Windows 11: Quick and Easy Guide
One of the important capabilities and advantages of computer networking is that users can use their information and data with other systems without using the Internet, or in other words, use shared files. In the following, you will learn how to network two computers in Windows 11?.
In general, a network is a set of components that have a single purpose. Each of the computers in the network should be able to work alone and away from the network. Using the network, it is easy to manage and monitor the performance of users. By networking two computers or laptops, you can transfer any type of file in any size and volume easily and in the shortest time. The goals of the network include: sharing resources, increasing system reliability, reducing costs, removing geographic restrictions, and increasing system efficiency.
Here are three ways you can connect two computers on a network in Windows 11.
The first method: Connect the two machines by Ethernet cable.
In this section, we want to connect two computers with Windows 11 using a cross-over RG45 cable.
PC 1: This is the computer that has the internet and we are using this system as a source for the second computer.
PC 2: This is the computer PC I want to connect to 1 through an internet cable to access the internet.
This is a device called Ethernet cable and it is available everywhere.
Connect the 2 computers by RJ45 cable.
The first thing you need to do is connect the two computers together.
In this method, there is no need to use a second computer, and we enable Bridge connections (bridge) in the network adapters settings.
1.To do this, run this command in Run:
2. Click on connections Wi-Fi (or the connection you want to share) et Ethernet then Select “Bridge connections”
Here you should have a new bridge and the connection should work on the second computer without any changes.
Sometimes you need to Diagnose your connection to work properly, If you did this method and did not get results, do the third method.
The third method: Connect the 2 computers using the old method (recommended).
On the first computer) connect the computer to share or with Wi-Fi).
Always use this command on Execute :
1. Right select “Wi-Fi” or the connection you want to share then Select “Manufacturing “.
2. Go to the “Follow us!”
3. Hit “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection”.
4. Then Select “Parameters”.
5. Check all the choices then select “OK”.
6. Always on the first PC go to Manufacturing of the network card Ethernet.
7. Click “4 Internet Protocol Version (TCP / IPv4)”.
8. Select “Manufacturing “.
9. Select “Use the following IP address” then put the following values:
IP adress : 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
10. Click on “OK”
11. Return to Network and Sharing Center.
12. Click on “Change advanced sharing settings”.
13. Check “Enable network discovery”.
14.Select “Save Changes”.
In this part, the result of your work is on the first computer, and you should have the same page.
On the second computer) the computer without internet connection via RJ45).
15. On the second PC go to Network connections via command ncpa.cpl.
16. Go to them “Manufacturing” of the network card Ethernet.
17. Click “4 Internet Protocol Version (TCP / IPv4)” then click “Manufacturing “.
18. Put the following values after the selection of “Use the following IP address”:
IP adress : 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway : 192.168.1.1
Preferred DNS server: 192.168.1.1
Click on “OK”.
Go to Execute then put the following command:
19. Open the “Network List Manager Strategies” then double- Select “Unidentified networks”.
20. Put “Private” then select “OK”.
In this section, the result of working on the second computer is from the network connections.
Here the second computer must be connected and working.
Ping test between the two computers.
A small ping test can be done to check if the link is active
Result: Successful connection via Ethernet between two computers in Windows 11.
Just like that, the work of networking two computers is over. From now on, you can share the files you want and also play online.
Did you encounter a problem in this field?
Do you have a better way?