Most people prefer to use a multi-screen setup with two or more monitors. In Windows 7, many users are facing problems like a second display.
Well, this problem can sometimes occur due to some random error or situation in your monitor or PC settings. If your Windows 7 doesn’t detect the second monitor, then you don’t have to worry about it.
Before the introduction of Windows 7, no version of Windows provided such good support for multiple monitors, and the user did not have such different control options.
In this article, we want to explain how to fix the Second Monitor not detected on Windows 7.
Method 1: Adjust your display settings
One of the reasons why your Windows 7 computer cannot detect the second monitor is that your second monitor is not enabled in the settings.
To activate the second monitor settings, you can do the following steps:
1. First, hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
2. Hit R to bring up the Run box.
3. Type control.
4. Hit Enter.
5. Select Display when choose to View by Large icons.
6. Select the Adjust resolution option.
7. Click on Extend these displays, in the Multiple displays section.
8. Select the Apply option.
9. Click on OK option.
After you have done all the steps above, you should see if the second monitor is recognized or not, if the second monitor is not recognized, you can use the other steps mentioned in the bottom part.
Method 2: Roll back your video driver to the previous version
1. Hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard.
2. Hit the Pause key.
3. Select the Device Manager option.
4. Double-click Display adapters.
5. Right-click on your video driver to choose Properties.
6. Select the Roll Back Driver under the Driver pane.
7. Select the Yes option.
8. Now Windows should roll back your Windows video driver to the previous version.
Method 3: Update your video driver to the latest version
If your problem is not solved by doing the above steps, you can use another solution.
To solve this problem, you can update your video driver to the latest version.
You can update your graphics card driver to the latest version in two ways.
Manual driver update
The manual update is that you can go to the website of the manufacturer of your graphics card and search for the latest correct driver, and finally download and install it manually.
Of course, note that you have chosen a driver that is compatible with your version of Windows 7.
Automatic driver update
If you don’t want to update your driver manually, you can do it automatically.
You can update your graphics driver by using Driver Easy.
Driver Easy automatically detects your system and finds the correct driver for your graphics card and your Windows 7 version, and finally downloads and installs it.
To use Driver Easy, you can do the following steps:
1. Download and install Driver Easy.
2. Run Driver Easy.
3. Select the Scan Now button.
4. In this section, Driver Easy scans your computer and identifies drivers that have problems.
5. Click the Update All option to automatically find the correct version of all outdated or missing drivers on your system so that it can download and install them.
6. Finally, restart your computer for the changes to take effect and for your second display to be recognized.
Method 4: Check if you have the right cable
If you have done all the solutions above, but your problem is still not solved, there may be a physical problem, for example, your cable may be damaged or not suitable, for your system.
For this, you must use the appropriate cable for the cable ports of your monitor and computer.
Make sure you have the right cable connected to your monitor and computer.
In this article, we have provided solutions to solve the problem of not recognizing the second installer in your Windows 7.
We hope that by following the above steps, you can efficiently identify the second monitor in your Windows 7.
Share your thoughts and experiences with us.