These days most people use computers or laptops, from teenagers to the elderly. But, when your PC breaks down, it will make a lot of trouble, especially when you are an IT employee or a businessman.
You will have to wait for a few days to get your PC repaired, but you can speed up this process by knowing your PC’s model number. The repair mechanic will save a lot of time for you if you tell the exact model number of your device. Therefore, knowing your PC’s model number will not only boost the repair process but also help you with purchasing batteries, accessories, or changing a component of your device.
In this article, we teach you how to find your PC’s model number on Windows 7. Read this content to learn the tutorial.
4 Methods to Find the Model Number of Your PC
Using System Information
It is the best method to find the model number of your PC in Windows 7. To do so, walk through the following steps.
- Open the Start menu.
- Type system information in the windows search box.
- Click on the first result.
- Once the System Information page pops up, select the System Summary from the left side of the Window.
- You can find the exact model number of your system next to the System Model option.
Using Command Prompt
You may think that it is a complicated method, but it is a piece of cake. Follow these steps to find your PC’s model number via Command Prompt.
- Open the Run dialog box by holding Windows + R hotkey.
- Type cmd in the box of the Run window.
- Hit the OK button.
- Once the Command Prompt window pops up, copy and paste this command: wmic baseboard get product,manufacturer,version,serialnumber.
- Then, hit Enter.
- Now, you can find your PC’s model number.
Using Product Label
It is the easiest method. It is quite helpful when your PC is broken down and you are not able to turn it on. Follow the steps below to find the model number via the label of your device.
- Unplug your device and turn it off.
- Then, reverse your laptop.
- You can find a label with the logo of your laptop manufacturer on the backside of your laptop.
- Here, you can find the model number and the product number of your device.
- If you did not find any label, you would need to take out your battery then you can find the model number on its unit.
- Usually, you can find the label of your device on the CPU.
- Otherwise, you can find the label on the top, side, or back side of your device.
Using BIOS (Basic Input Output System)
If the above-mentioned methods did not work, you would use this method.
To use this method, walk through the steps below.
- Save all your uncompleted work.
- Restart your PC.
- Then, hold the Esc key or F2 key immediately. This action will open the BIOS menu.
- Now, you can find the full specifications of your device, including the product number and model number of your device.
- If you failed to open the BIOS menu, turn on your device and restart it again.
In conclusion, we presented four ways to help you with finding your PC’s model number in Windows 7. Do you know any other methods to find the model number of your device? Which method do you prefer? Share your ideas with us.