Sometimes you may have problems with the screen brightness at night, and this can cause eye problems and annoy your eyes. So, you might want to use a dark mode or dark themes for your screen.
Now, you might ask How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 7? To find out, follow us until the end of this article!
Different methods to enable Dark mode in Windows 7
1. Using a third-party tool
There are different programs and software which you can use dark themes for your PC. One of these apps is WindowBlinds, and you need to pay $10 to get this app. The best part of this app is that when you download a dark theme, this theme will be applied to the whole system.
When you get the app, you can select your favorite theme which is the best for you.
Some of the dark themes that you can get via third-party themes are listed below:
- Dark Pearl VS: This theme has a greyish color. If you do not want a too dark theme, this one would be the best option for you.
- Dark Agility: This theme is darker than the Dark Pearl VS. with this theme most items will be dark.
- Steam VS: This theme is like the colors used in the Stream app.
- Abisso 2014: This is the darkest theme in Windows 7. Except black, the only colors that get bold are white and blue, which are usually the color of icons and texts.
2. Using Windows 7 Dark theme called High Contrast Black
Every PC that uses Windows as its OS, lets you customize your themes.
To access High Contrast Black, proceed as follows:
- Right-click on your desktop.
- Choose the Personalization option from the menu.
- In the opened window, you will see different themes categorized as My themes, Basic and High Contrast Themes, and Aero Themes. Click on the High Contrast Black option under the High Contrast Themes and Basic Themes.
- Then, to save the changes, close the Personalize window.
There are more themes except High Contrast Black. But this option lowers the pressure from your eyes as much as possible.
3. Using exclusive themes of the browser
Sometimes, you might spend a lot of time looking at the screen to adjust the dark mode and dark theme on your computer. And this might hurt your eyes. So, if you use your PC for browsing, you can use dark themes, which only affect your browser.
Here is how to use a dark theme for Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- At the top-right corner, click on the three dots to see its menu.
- Choose Setting from the menu.
- Select Appearance from the options which are on the left side of the window.
- Select Themes. It should be the first item.
- It will head you to the Chrome Web Store. Here, you can choose your favorite theme. You can find dark themes under the Dark & Black themes section.
- When you have found your desired theme, you can hit the Add to Chrome. Then your browser starts downloading the theme files that it needs and exerts them automatically.
Now, you have your favorite theme. The only problem is that if your theme files were destroyed, it might cause some problems.
Some of the trustworthy themes are:
- Just Black: this theme is the simplest Windows 7 dark theme. It changes the color of your browser to dark easily and sufficiently. This is the best option for those who do not want to regulate too much the color.
- Slinky Elegant: this is the most popular Windows 7 dark theme. This theme is easy and convenient to use.
Besides these two themes, there are more themes that you can choose and apply to your browser.
Is Dark Mode good for our eyes?
Dark mode may not be the best method for your eyes, but it has a lot of profits for you. The dark mode is helpful because it is easier for your eyes to read from a darker screen than a brighter one (especially at night).
High-contrast themes will decrease the amount of pressure that your eyes tolerate. But keep in mind that if a dark theme is too bright, it will not be good for your eyes.
Although a dark theme is better for your eyes, you need to use it in moderation.
Can Dark mode save your PC’s battery life?
If you are worried about your PC’s battery life, you can use dark mode on Windows 7. This feature can increase the battery life significantly. Dark mode lowers the blue light of the screen, so it will decrease the eye problem. If you are one of those people that work with their computers for many hours, Dark mode will be the best option for you.
In this article, we suggested different ways to enable dark themes in Windows 7. So, you can use dark mode to reduce the pressure from your eyes. But try to work with your computer in moderation and let your eyes take a rest from the light of the screen.
Have you ever tried any of the suggested methods?
We hope this article was helpful for you.