How to Check Computer Specs in Windows 7: Step-by-Step Guide
You may be in a situation in which you need your computer aspects to do different things such as installing a program or a game, upgrading Windows, and changing a piece of hardware. Also, you may want to purchase a new PC or laptop, so you need its specs to make a better decision.
In this article, we described how to check computer specs in Windows 7. To find out how to do that, follow us till the end of this article.
Different Ways to Check Computer Specs
1. Using a Keyboard Shortcut
To do so, you can hold the Windows key with the Pause / Break key. A window will pop up in which you can find your system information and a list of its specs.
2. Using Control Panel
Using Control Panel to check your computer specs can give you all the information that you need. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Click on the Start button.
- Find Control Panel and double-click on it.
- Go to the System and Security section.
- On a new page that pops up, select System.
- Then, a window will pop up in which you can find all your computer specs.
Before you click on System, note that there are some shortcuts that you can use to find some specific information such as the amount of your computer’s RAM.
Instead of clicking on System, you can go to the Hardware and Sound section to get information about different devices that are connected to your PC.
This section, Hardware and Sound, can help you with finding the specs of your current devices, installing new hardware, and configuring the connected hardware to your PC.
3. Using Computer Icon
This is another easy way to find your computer specs. To do so, follow these steps:
- Right-click on Computer (The icon is a computer), which is available on your desktop. If you could not find it on your desktop, go to the Start menu and find it from the right side menu.
- Choose the Properties option from the menu.
- You can find the computer specs on the window that pops up.
4. Using File Explorer Window
Using File Explorer is a quick and easy way to find some of your computer specs. This method gives you a few basic specs, so if you need more details and information, you need to try other methods.
To find your computer specs through File Explorer, follow the steps below:
- Open File Explorer.
- Choose your hard drive.
The lower part of your screen will show you a few specs of your computer. The specs such as the occupied space of your hard drive, the capacity of your hard drive, and also your CPU specs.
5. Using System Info Command
This method gives you more information about your computer, such as the Experience Index and edition of your Windows. (Experience Index is a grade that displays your hardware abilities.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt from the search field of the Start menu. You can type Command or cmd in the search field.
- In the opened window, copy and paste this command: systeminfo.exe
- Now, you can find your computer specs from the window that will pop up.
Note: Try different methods due to the variety of each utility.
Optimistically, this article gives you all the information that you need to check your computer specs with the aim of installing a new game or program and upgrading your Windows. Have you ever tried any of the suggested methods? Which method do you prefer? Do you know any other ways to check computer specs?