Easy Steps to Change Language in Windows 7
It is possible to change the language in Windows 7. But the question is how to change the language in Windows 7. If you want to use another language instead of your default language, this article is for you. When you install Windows 7, a language will add by default. Therefore, you can change the startup language after the installation. In the following part of this article, we are going to tell you How to change language in Windows 7?.
How to change language in Windows 7?
For changing the default language in Windows 7, you should download and install languages from the Microsoft website. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Go to Start Menu.
- In the Windows search box, select Change Display Language.
- In the Region and Language window, click on the Keyboards and Languages tab.
- Choose Install or Uninstall Languages.
- To download the language packs, you should click on Install Display Languages. In this section, you should choose the location of the language packs. To find your files, go to Browse in your hard drive and Launch Windows Update to download them from Microsoft.
- After downloading the language packs, hit the X optional updates are available hyperlink.
Note: X in step 6 is the number of files you download.
- Select the language you want to download under the optional tab.
- Select OK.
- Go back to the Windows Update page and choose Install Updates to start downloading the language packs you chose from the list.
- After finishing download and installation, go back to the Region and Language box.
- Choose the language from the drop-down menu under Choose a Display Langauge.
- Hit OK to save changes.
How to Change the Display Language in Windows 7 (Ultimate and Enterprise)?
To change the display language in Windows 7 ultimate and enterprise, follow the steps below:
- Go to Control Panel from the Start Menu. You can install language packs if you use Ultimate or Enterprise of Windows 7, which can translate most of the Windows juncture because they are only available for Ultimate and Enterprise.
- Select View By from the menu and choose Large Icons or Small Icons. In this way you can access to any option of Control Panel quickly.
- Click on Windows Update to download available language packs.
- Select # optional updates are available link.
- Investigate the box for the language you would like to download. Hit OK after choosing the language.
- Select the Install Updates. UAC may ask you to continue or input the administrator password. Downloading the language pack will take a few minutes.
- Go back to Control Panel
- Click on Region and Language.
- Choose the Keyboards and Language tab.
- From Choose a Display Language drop-down menu, hit the language you installed.
- Select Apply and Log out.
- If the language is not displaying in some programs, change your system locale. To do this:
- Go to Control Panel. Choose Region and Language.
- Hit the Administrative tab and select Change System Locale.
- Choose the language you installed and hit OK.
- The system will ask you to restart your computer.
How to Change the Display Language in Windows 7 (Any Version)?
- At first, you should know the difference between Language Interface Packs (LIPs) and Language Packs. Old language packs are just available for Ultimate and Enterprise users, which translate many UI items. For other users, it is LIPs that translate part of the interface which is most used. LIPs need an installed base language because everything is not translated.
- Enter the LIP download page.
- Check out the requirements from the third column of table.
Note: To change the language, you should update your copy of Windows to change the language if the LIP needs Ultimate or Enterprise.
- Select Get it now link. A window will open with the language you have selected before.
- Select Download to display the language files.
- Choose the appropriate file for your computer. You should choose 32-bit or 64-64 bit file. To find the version you have, go to the Start menu, Click right on your Computer, and choose Properties
- Find System Type entry.
- Investigate the box for the file and select Download to download LIP file.
- Click on the downloaded file to open the language installer with the new selected language. Then, to start the installation, click on Next. Just you should read and accept the Microsoft terms before installation of language.
- Go over the ReadMe file. The language you select will display before the ReadMe file will install. You do not require to check this but it may include some data related to known issues or compatibility problems.
- Wait for the installation of the language. It takes some minuets
- Apply the new language that you have chosen. After completing the installation, you can see a list of all your installed languages. Choose the new installed language and select Change Display Language.
- Log out to complete the change. It will ask you log out to apply the new language. When you return to the Windows, you can find the new language.
- Assign a new system locale if some programs do not recognize the new language. some programs need a specific language, and they will only display the language that the system is set to that region.
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Enter Control Panel.
- Select the Region and Language.
- Choose the Administrative tab.
- Select Change System Locale.
- Choose the language you installed.
- Restart your system if it asks you.
How to Change Keyboard Language in Windows 7?
You can change the language of keyboard layouts too. To do so follow the steps below.
- Go to Control Panel.
- From drop-down menu, choose View By and choose Large Icons or Small Icons.
- Click on Region and Language.
- Select Keyboard and Language tab.
- Select Change Keyboards.
- Click on Add to Install Another Language. In this section, you can see a list of available languages.
- Choose the keyboard language you would like to install. Expand the language and Keyboard.
- Choose a specific form of the language. Hit OK to add the language.
Note: Languages have different options due to different dialects.
- With the Language bar, you can switch between languages. You can find it in the taskbar, left of the System Tray and clock. You can find the abbreviation that if you click the abbreviation, you can switch between your different input methods. Also, you can hold ⊞ Win+Space to surf around the installed languages.
Note: If you cannot see the language bar, you should click right on the taskbar, and find Toolbars, and then select Language Bar.
How to Uninstall Language Pack of Windows 7
- Select Start.
- In the Start Search, type Uninstall display language.
- Select Install or uninstall display languages.
- Select Uninstall display languages.
- Choose the language or the languages you would like to uninstall.
- Hit Next.
After installing the language pack, you can hide it in Windows Update. Follow the steps below to hide unwanted language packs.
- Select the Windows 7 Language Packs category in the page of Select the updates you want to install to highlight all the language packs.
- Click right on the highlighted updates.
- Click on Hide update.
Changing language in Windows 7 is not a difficult task. In this article, we presented the ways to change the language of the system, display, and keyboard. Do you find it difficult to change the language in Windows 7 still? Was the article helpful for you?