The format of Date is like Month/Date/Year by default, and the Time format is 12-hour. Or maybe you want to see dashes or dots for the date and 24-hour format or AM or PM format for time. There are many formats like Short Date, Long Date, Short Time, Longtime, etc. Just you need to choose one of them carefully. But the question is how to change these settings. Therefore, in this article, we will tell you how to change date and time format in Windows 10?.
How to Change Date and Time Format in Windows 10?
Many Windows 10 users want to change the date format in Windows 10 because they need to match the date with their regional or specific requirements. This article is helpful for those who use a different date format in their country. It is not simple to change mm-dd-yyyy format to dd-mm-yyyy because this format is not considered in the system. In Windows 10 and 11 by default, you can see the format mm-dd-yyyy format. You must change this format if you do not use it in your area. Microsoft did not support dd-mm-yyyy or d-m-yyyy. We should manually set the format we want.
How to Change Date Format from mm-dd-yyyy to dd-mm-yyyy in Windows 10?
- Look for ‘date’.
- Choose Change Format.
- Select the format you want from the short and long date format, but you cannot add any formats here.
How to add dd-mm-yyyy from Classic Control Panel in Windows 10?
We can use the control panel regional settings if we require to add a format. Follow the steps below to add dd-mm-yyyy:
- Look for the Control Panel in Windows 10.
- Select Change date, time, or number formats under Regional Settings.
Note: you can also look for Region to directly reach this place.
- In drop down menu, you can check whether the desired format is available or not, but as we said earlier, the dd-mm-yyyy format is not in this list.
Select Additional Settings to open another window which lets you input our own format.
- You can change the Short Date format under the date tab. It will take your input.
- Make sure to input the correct format. After that to save the Settings, click on Apply.
How to Change Time Format in Windows 10?
Time on your computer is 24 Hour Format by default. Follow the steps below to change 24 Hour Clock to 12 Hour Clock in Windows 10. 24 Hour format is used in computers, military, Airlines, public safety, railways, and public transportation, but still, many people use 12 Hour Time Format. Windows 10 provided the option to change 24 Hour Format to 12 Hour format.
How to Change 24 Hour Clock to 12 Hour Using Settings?
- Go to Settings.
- Select Time and Language.
- Click on Region from the left pane on the next screen,
- In the right pane, scroll down and select Change Data Formats link under Regional Format Data.
- Hit the Down-Arrow to choose time with AM/PM suffix for Long Time and Short Time on the next screen.
- Now, you can see the time format of your computer as 12 Hour Format.
How to Change 12 Hour Clock to 24 Hour Using Settings?
- Open Settings.
- Choose Time and Language.
- In the left pane, click on Region.
- In the right pane, scroll down and select Change Date Format link.
- Hit the Down-Arrow to choose time without AM/PM suffix for Long Time and Short Time on the next screen.
- Now, you can see the time format of your computer as 24 Hour Format.
What is Short Time and Long Time in Windows 10?
Date and Time is displayed in Windows 10 at two locations in computer. The first location is located at the bottom right corner of the screen.
The Short Time is the location which is the most visible of time in computer while the Long Time is hidden on the calendar of Windows 10 and when you click the first location you can access to it.
How to Use Settings to Change Date and Time Formats Both?
- Go to Settings.
Also, you go to the Start Menu to enter the Settings or you can hold Windows + I instead.
- Select Time & Language.
- Select Region button in your Settings.
- Scroll down to find Regional Format Data.
- Enter the Change Data Formats menu.
How to Use Control Panel to Change Date and Time Formats Both?
Control Panel has the same options as Windows 10 Settings, but now we will show you to change date and time formats in this way:
- Go to Control Panel. To do this, enter the Start Menu and type Control Panel.
- Select Clock and Region.
- Select Change date, time, or number formats.
- In Control Panel, change your date and time settings. To do so, in the Region Settings, click on Formats tab to see a list considers of the language format, short date, long date, short time, long time and the first day of the week. Choose one of these formats or go to the next step to set you own formats.
- Optional: Select Additional Settings to create a time or date format.
- As we mentioned earlier, you can change the time format with the Time tab of the Customize Format window. In this section, you can see the current format and AM and PM format. You can choose from the options or make your format.
- As we mentioned earlier, you can change the date format with the Date tab of the Customize Format window. In this section, you can see the current format and the calendar Settings. You can choose from the options or make your format.
- After finishing the procedure to change date and time formats, click on OK to apply changes.
Note: It is important to use the correct format. If you do not use correct format all these changing will not help.
Changing the date and time in Windows 10 is not too much complicated. Just you need to follow some simple procedures to reach the desired date and time. In this article, we comprehensively presented how to do that. Did you know about this procedure before? If not, was this procedure helpful for you?