How to Set Different DNS Settings on Windows 8 Devices: Step-by-Step Guide
Your internet service provider gives you a default DNS address, and this address specifies whether you can have access to a specific website or not. Also, you can change your DNS server when you are experiencing an internet connection issue. As a result, you may need to change the DNS server of your PC to have access to all websites or to get rid of your weak network connection.
This article illustrates how to set different DNS settings on devices running Windows 8. Read the following content to find out more.
Some of Free Public DNS Servers
Here is a list of some free public DNS server that you can use to change DNS settings of your device:
- Google: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Cloudflare: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- OpenDNS: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- Verisign Public DNS: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206
- Norton Connectsafe: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- Quad9: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
How to Change DNS Settings on Windows 8?
Walk through the steps below to change the DNS server on Windows 8.
- Go to the Windows8 Start menu.
- Select the Desktop tile.
- Right-click on the Network icon, which is located in the taskbar.
- Choose the Open Network and Sharing Center option from the menu.
- Under the Active Networks option, select your primary or local area connection.
- Once the Open Network and Sharing Center window pop up, select your current network connection.
- On the pop-up window, hit the Properties button.
- Choose the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) option and hit the Properties button.
- Checkmark Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now, you need to enter one of the free public DNS servers mentioned above. For example, if you want to use Google, you will need to enter 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 for the Preferred DNS server and Alternate DNS server, respectively.
- Now, you need to clear your browser and DNS cache.
When you are experiencing a network connection issue, you will need to change your DNS server. In this article, we represented a method to change DNS settings on Windows 8. Do you know any other methods? Share your ideas with us.