10 Easy Ways to Reduce Ping Time in Windows 7?
Sometimes, gamers complain about lag and latency while playing on Windows 7. This problem can occur due to various reasons. The High ping issue may be due to certain TCP/IP settings on Windows 7.
In this article, we are going to illustrate how to reduce ping time in Windows 7. Read the following content to find out more.
Reasons for High Ping on Windows 7
Different reasons can cause a high ping on Windows 7. Here are the most common reasons.
- Internet connection speed
- Configuration of firewalls
- Internet service provider (ISP) quality
- Geographical location
- Inadequate bandwidth
How to Fix High Ping on Windows 7?
- Go to the Start menu.
- Open All Programs.
- Go to the Accessories section.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and select the Run as Administrator option. (In case you have disabled the UAC, you do not need to run it as administrator, and opening it normally is sufficient.)
- Copy and paste the following command: netsh int tcp set global congestionprovider=ctcp
- Hit the Enter button.
- Now, the Command Prompt TCP will turn on. Command Prompt TCP boosts the TCP window quicker than the traditional TCP algorithms. It means, when a large amount of packets comes, your system will set its settings faster than usual.
Note: Before you walk through the following steps, we recommend you create a System Restore point.
8. Go to the Start menu.
9. Type regedit in the Windows search box.
10. Hit the Enter button.
11. Once the Registry Editor window pops up, Copy and paste the following path into its search bar: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces
12. Find the IP address of your local network and click on it under the Interfaces folder.
13. Now, you need to add two registry values to it: 1. TCPNoDelay 2. TcpAckFrequency
14. Give a hexadecimal value of 1 to each of them by double-clicking on it.
15. Now, they should be similar to the picture below:
16. Go to the Start menu.
17. Open Control Panel.
18. Go to the Program section.
19. Under the Programs and Features option, click on the Turn Windows features on or off link.
20. Click on the plus icon of the Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server option and expand it.
21. Then, click on the plus icon of the Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server Core option.
22. Checkmark all of the options under the Microsoft Messaging Queue (MSMQ) Server section.
23. Open Regedit once again.
24. Copy and paste the following path into its search bar: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters
25. Now, add TCPNoDelay with a 32-bit DWORD value of 1 to the Parameters key.
In this article, we described how to reduce ping time in Windows 7. Hopefully, you can play any game with the least possible lag and ping time on Windows 7. Do you know any other method for this issue? Share your ideas with us.