Installing Windows 8 from a bootable USB drive is much easier and faster than other methods. In this article, we describe various methods about how to make a bootable USB Windows 8. To find out more, read the following content and use our step-by-step guide.
How Can I Make a Bootable USB Windows 8?
Here are 2 methods to make a bootable USB Drive to install Windows 8 on your device.
Method 1: Using Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool
This tool is the best way to create your bootable USB drive. Unlike its name, you can use this utility for any version of Windows, even the Linux distributions and Server OS (operating system).
To do so, walk through the steps below:
- Download Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
- Connect your USB flash drive to your PC. It should have at least 4 GB of storage.
- Lunch Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool.
- Once the tool window pops up, hit the Browse button and choose Windows 8 ISO file.
- On the next page, hit the USB device button.
- Choose the USB drive that you want to use from the drop-down menu.
- Hit the Begin copying button.
- Wait for some time while your USB drive is formatted.
- Once the process is finished, you will see the Bootable USB device created successfully message.
- Close the window.
- Open computer. You should see an icon that looks like the one in the picture below.
- Right-click on your drive and select the Eject option. Removing safely makes sure that your USB drive is not corrupted and that you can install Windows 8 without any issues.
- Now, you can use your USB drive to install Windows 8 on your device.
Method 2: Using Rufus
Another way to install Windows 8 via a bootable USB drive is to use Rufus. This tool helps you with making bootable USB drives, such as memory sticks, USB keys/pendrives, etc. to do so, follow the steps below:
- Download Rufus USB Bootable Creator Utility.
- Insert an empty USB drive with at least 4 GB of storage. It is important to use an empty USB drive since all files will be erased during the process.
- Open Rufus app.
- Once the Rufus window pops up, select your USB drive from the drop-down menu of the Device section.
- Select ISO Image from the drop-down menu of the Create a bootable disk using option.
- Hit the DVD icon in front of the Create a bootable disk using option (ISO Image option).
- Choose the Windows 8 ISO file from your PC, then hit the Open button.
- Hit the Start button.
- Read the warning message and hit the OK button.
- Wait until Rufus finishes the erasing process.
- Once the process is finished, close Rufus utility.
- Unplug your USB stick and use it to clean install OS or troubleshoot Windows 8.
To boot from your USB drive, you need to set it as the first boot device from your BIOS settings. To do so, go ahead with the steps below:
- Turn on your PC.
- Open the BIOS setup by pressing DEL, F1, F2, or F10. Entering method to BIOS setup depends on your PC manufacturer.
- On the BIOS menu, go to the Boot Order setting.
- Set your USB drive as the First boot device.
Installing Windows 8 via a USB drive is very easy. Besides, this is a good way to install Windows 8 on devices that do not have any DVD drive. In this article, we talked about the method of making a bootable USB Windows 8. Do you know any other methods? Share your ideas with us.