Although many years have passed since the introduction of Windows 7, this operating system still has a large share of the Windows operating system market.
Even after the release of Windows 10, many users have preferred to take advantage of the simplicity of this version of Windows. The release of Windows 8.1 was not well received, and this is another reason for choose Windows 7 by many users.
In this tutorial, we intend to introduce you to how to manually update Windows 7.
Windows Update helps Windows users a lot to update.
But if you want to manually update your Windows or put a specific program in the Windows Update list, such as Security Pack, you can follow the steps below.
1. Open the Start.
2. In the search box, type control panel.
3. Click on System and Security.
4. Select Windows Update.
5. In the Windows Update window, click either necessary updates are available or optional updates are available.
The system will automatically check to see if there are any updates that can be installed on your computer, and if there are any that need to be installed.
Note the update number that you can download.
6. Click on the Download Center link, type the update number in the Search box (e.g. 2286198) and then hit the Enter key on your keyboard or select the Search icon.
7. Microsoft Download Center will automatically search for all contents related to the update number you provided.
Based on you operating system, click the Security Update for Windows 7.
8. Click on Download in the download page for KB2286198. A window showing File Download appears, click Open to install the file automatically after downloading.
What is the importance of Windows update?
Updates improve system security: Malware is constantly evolving, and your operating system must keep up with it.
Older versions of Windows that are no longer supported by Microsoft increase the risk of being infected with viruses and other malicious computer programs.
Some updates provide patches for security holes, thereby making it more difficult for cybercriminals to steal users’ personal information.
Updates keep you up to date with new software: Technology is constantly evolving, and new software is released every day. These new programs, specifically hardware drivers and printer software, work better with more recent versions of Windows.
Updates increase the speed of the computer: Finally, we should mention that Microsoft occasionally makes improvements to its operating system that are released through Windows updates. You’ve probably noticed by now that your computer performs better and is more efficient after an update.
By following the above steps, you can easily update your Windows 7 manually and use the new Windows updates.
Have you used this method to manually update Windows 7?
What other solutions do you know for manually updating Windows 7?