Take Control: How to Manually Update Windows 10
Microsoft constantly releases Windows updates.
Microsoft updates include bug fixes in previous versions and new security features.
If you have not disabled automatic Windows updates, the updates will be downloaded and installed automatically.
If you have encountered a problem that requires the latest updates to be fixed, you should manually update your Windows at this time.
In this article, we want to explain how to manually update Windows 10.
Check Your Windows Build and Version
Before doing anything, you must first check whether your system type is 64-bit or 32-bit so that you can download the version corresponding to your system.
Below is how to check the system type. Follow the steps to find out your system type.
1.Hit Win + I keys to go to the Settings window and navigate to the System section.
2. In the Settings window, click about from the left vertical pane and from the right pane check the System type.
Check the Latest Updates Installation on Your PC
Note: that you need to find the latest update dates that are installed on your system, here we have provided how to find the update dates.
1.Go to the Settings window again and navigate to the Update & Security section.
2. With the Windows Update option clicked from the left pane and select View update history from the right pane.
3. You can find the latest updates you installed on the computer.
How to Download and Install Windows 10 Updates Manually
In most cases, we can install Windows updates by selecting Check for updates in the Settings window.
Sometimes these updates fail to install and throw various update errors such as 0x80073712 and 0x80040154.
So you may need to download the Windows 10 update manually
Here we present two methods by which you can manually download the Windows 10 update.
1.Download Windows 10 Updates Manually from Microsoft Update Catalog
1.Select here to open the Microsoft Update Catalog website and do a search for the updates you want to install.
We take Windows 10 21H2 for example, type Windows 10 21h2 in the Search box and select Search.
2. In this section, you can see a list of Windows 10 21H2 Cumulative updates.
Here you have to choose the right update according to your system type. Once confirmed, select Download.
3. After a pop-up window with a direct download link will appear, select the link to download the .msu file.
4.After downloading, double-click on the .msu file, then follow the on-screen instructions to manually install Windows Update.
2. Download Windows 10 Updates Manually via Windows 10 Update Assistant
1. Select here to open the Windows 10 software download page and select Update now under the Windows 10 November 2021 Update section.
2.After downloaded, double click the Update Assistant tool and select Yes in the UAC window to access this tool.
3. Select Update Now to start downloading the Windows 10 21H2 update.
This process will take some time, please wait until the process is done completely.
4. Click Restart now to restart immediately and complete the update.
5. After restarting the computer, the installation will be done automatically. In the last steps, you may be asked to select some privacy options.
6. When the second stage of the installation is finished, the computer may shut down instead of restarting. In this case, press the power button to start the computer manually.
7. Finally, to verify that Windows 10 21H1 Update has been installed manually, enter the winner in the Windows 10 search box. Then, open the program – your Windows 10 should now be version 21H1.
How to manually install Windows updates
1.Select the Start button (Windows icon) and choose Settings.
2. Select Update & security Windows 10.
3. Select Check for updates and install the listed updates.
4. You may need to run Check for Updates again after installing the first updates.
Note: We have stopped the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all our users because we have found that some users have lost some of their files after the update.
If you have experienced this issue and received the update through Windows Update, Microsoft urges you to contact the company directly by phone or through the support website.
If you’ve downloaded the update manually but haven’t installed it yet, Microsoft says not to install it and wait for new media to become available. When this issue is resolved, Microsoft will provide an update and re-release the update.
If you are also affected by this problem, you can roll back to version 1803.
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Go back to the previous version of Windows 10.
It is because of these events that you need to ensure that you have a data backup strategy in place.
Also, we request everyone to stop updating Windows 10 with new features for at least 30 days. In this way, it is possible to see what problems arise, and the company can fix them.
In this article, it was said how you can manually update your Windows 10. You can easily do this by following the step.
You have used this method to manually update your Windows 10?
Do you know another way to manually update Windows 10?