Sometimes you may encounter an audio problem while playing a movie or music album on Windows 8. This problem may occur due to various reasons. In this article, I am going to illustrate how to fix output audio problems on Windows 8. To find out more, read the following content.
4 Methods to Fix the Audio Problems on Windows 8
Method 1: Enable Speakers
Before you take any drastic measures, you should assure that your audio device is enabled. Because, sometimes, you may disable it accidentally. To enable your audio device on Windows 8, walk through the steps below:
- Go to the Charms bar.
- Right-click on the Volume icon.
- Select the Playback devices option from the menu.
- In the pop-up window, go to the Playback tab.
- Here, you can see a list of your audio devices, such as headphones, speakers, and headsets.
- Click on the connected audio device, and hit the Properties button.
- Now, the Speakers Properties pops up.
- Select the Use this device (enable) option from the drop-down menu in front of the Device usage option.
Method 2: Update Your Audio Drivers
If you are using a PC with an outdated audio driver, your audio issue will be due to this reason. We always recommend you keep your PC’s drivers up to date with an auto-update on Windows 8.
In case you have disabled the auto-update, you will need to update the drivers manually.
To do that, follow the steps below:
- Hold the Windows + F hotkey to open the search box of Windows.
- Type device manager in the Windows search box.
- Select the Settings option.
- Select the device manager option.
- Once the device manager window popped up, choose the sound, video and game controller option.
- For the next step, expand the Audio inputs and outputs option.
- Right-click on the desired driver and select the Update option from the menu.
- Now, your driver is up to date.
Method 3: Download and Install Update Audio Drivers
If you want to install a new audio driver, you will need to go to the manufacturer’s website and download an audio driver, which is supported by Windows 8.
Method 4: Check All of the Audio Connection
If you still cannot hear any sound, then the problem may be because of your audio device or audio jack. Therefore, replace the audio jack and repair your audio device.
There can be various reasons for malfunctioning audio. In this article, we described different methods to fix output audio problems on Windows 8. Do you know any other methods? Which method did you find more helpful? Share your thoughts with us.