Various software has been introduced to burn DVDs, but Windows 7 can burn your files on DVD. Windows 7 has made it possible for users to burn iOS files without the need for a third-party program. If you want to burn a DVD video that plays in a DVD player, you need a DVD-burning program such as the open-source DVD Styler.
In this article, we want to explain how to burn Files to DVD in Windows 7.
Method 1: Data DVD
1. To make sure your computer can burn DVD you must first insert a blank DVD into your computer because it may not have this capability.
2. Go to the Start menu.
3. Select the Computer.
4. Click on Auto Play.
5. Right-click on the DVD drive and select Open.
6. Choose a name for your disk.
Note: By doing this, you can easily identify whatever is on the disk later.
You can also help organize your disks by putting the date in the name.
7. There are two formats for burning a data disc, from which you should choose:
- Live File System
Using the Live file system format allows you to delete and edit the extra files on the disk when you use it with other Windows computers.
Selecting this option will format the disk before you can add files to it.
This formatting process takes a few minutes.
The Mastered format finalizes the disc after adding the files so that it is no longer possible to change it. Using this format, you can use the disc on any computer or device that supports data DVDs.
8. Now you can add files to the disk.
After you choose your disc format, you can add files to the disc.
Note that single-layer DVDs can hold 4.7 GB of data.
Here, you can add the file to the disk by using these two methods:
- Click and drag files into the blank DVD’s window.
- Right-click on a file or folder and choose Send to and then your disc drive.
9. Wait for the files to burn.
Note: If you use the live file system format, as soon as you copy the files, they will be written to the disk. But for large files, it may take a few seconds.
10. Finish the disk.
After you have added all the files to the disk, you can finish the process by closing the burned disk (Mastered) or (live file system).
- Live File System
Select the Close session button at the top of the disc’s window.
This option finalizes the disk and allows you to use it like a USB drive on other Windows computers.
Select the Burn to disc button at the top of the disc’s window.
You will be given the option to rename the disc and choose your recording speed.
The burning process may take several minutes to complete.
At the end of the burning process, you can burn the same data to another blank disc if you need to copy it.
11. You can add more files to the completed discs.
As long as internal space is available, you can easily add files to the burned DVD.
To do this, you can create a disk regardless of the format. You can do the above steps to add more files.
Live file system – Every time you open a new session on a disk, you lose about 20 MB of usable space.
Mastered – Files added to a previously burned disc cannot be deleted.
12. DVDs can be rewritten, and if you have chosen the recovery format, they also can be erased.
To be able to erase the disk, you must insert it first, then open Windows Explorer.
Select your DVD in the list of your devices, but be careful not to open it.
Click on Erase this disc button at the top of the window.
Method 2: Video DVD
1. Install DVD Styler. If you need to burn a movie so that it can be played on any DVD player easily, you need to install DVD software.
Note: Google Chrome may detect the DVD Player file as malware. If you receive this warning while downloading, you can use another browser to install this program.
2. Start a new project with DVD Styler.
When you start DVD Styler for the first time, you will go to the New Project window.
3. Select a menu template. DVD Styler has several menu formats that you can choose from.
We suggest you choose the “no template” format, which can play videos as soon as you insert the disc.
4.Drag the desired video file in the box below and then drop it.
DVD Styler has the ability to support most video formats and you don’t need to convert the file before adding.
5. Edit your menu. When adding your video files, you can edit your menus according to your needs.
- Double-click on any of the elements to edit them, and you can select and drag objects to move them around the menu.
- Double-clicking on button objects in the menu editor allows you to change their navigation commands.
6. Once you have set all your options, you can burn your DVD. To do this, you need to insert a blank disk and click on the Burn option at the top of the window.
Method 3: ISO DVD
1. Insert a blank DVD into your drive. ISO files are disk image files that are considered to be exact copies of a disk, and burning them to a DVD makes the DVD act as if it were an ISO source.
But if you want the disc to be a copy, you cannot burn iOS files as data files.
2. Right-click on the ISO file and choose Burn disc image.
3. Select the drive whose disk is empty.
If you have more than one disk drive, you need to make sure that the correct drive is displayed in the Disc burner drop-down menu.
4.Select the Burn to begin burning the ISO.
5. In this section, you must use a burned disc.
With the three methods mentioned in this article, you can efficiently burn the files you need in Windows 7 on a DVD.
Have you used these methods to burn files on Windows 7?
What other ways do you know to burn your files on DVD in Windows 7?
Share your thoughts and experiences with us.